Thread: Wine talk
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 12:04 PM
tropit

Originally Posted by charley26 View Post
I prefer red wine to white wine, although I enjoy a glass or 2 of champagne or Prosecco too as a celebratory drink.
Red wines I enjoy are Argentinian Malbec, South African Malbec, Rioja, French bordeaux, Chianti Classico, some Merlots.
I enjoy 2 glasses of wine each evening.
I would use a wine to cook with that is equally good to drink.
I find it so interesting to hear what wines you like over in England. I'm from the "wine country," in California and I'm completely over-exposed to CA wines and way under-exposed to other wines outside our region. However, I have traveled a lot and so I've had the opportunity to try wines from other countries.

I love red wines too. I went to Spain a couple of years ago and had some really good Riojas while I was there. I'd never pass up a good quality Chianti. My favorite red wine is a full bodied, juicy, Pinot Noir. It's the most popular grape grown in our area, the Anderson Valley.

I also love sparkling wines. We have a local vineyard, Roederer Estate, that produces the most beautiful, complex, "Champagne style" sparkling wines. They've won some prestigious awards lately, but still are not that expensive...yet. Look for their bottles in the stores.

My dau works for Navarro Vineyards and she brings over the half empty bottles after the tastings. We get to try all kinds of things that we wouldn't normally buy. They make a very unusual, Gewürztraminer that is light and crisp, not sweet at all. Their Pinots are also excellent.