View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 12:58 PM
Quiltah Mama

THank you all so much for checking out the pillows and inquiring. I inquired on here about outdoor fabric, and it was suggested to check Hobby Lobby. Their outdoor fabric is wonderful. I did my homework, and their UVA/UVB protection is the same as Sunbrella, and both are water resistant. But Hobby Lobby outdoor fabric is WAY less expensive. I only buy it when they are having one of their 30% off sales, it runs $12-16 when on sale a yard, and it's 54 inches wide. So I am happy with the price, the product, and the outcome when sewing with it.

All the pillows are stencilled on. I use Pro-chemical pearlized fabric pain. I first found out about Pro-Chemical as they are a vendor at the Maine state quilt show. I really like it and it's washable which means it's waterproof for outdoor use. You do have to heat set it, which I follow their directions and use my iron.

I use 100% polyester filling, I am using poly-fil actually. I also did my homework on this too, and everything I read said for outdoor furniture, use 100% polyester.

I also treat the back of the pillows as I use duck cloth or home decor fabric for the backs, I spray them with Scotchguard water and sun shield, I buy mine at Lowe's. It is also available on Amazon.

Hope I've addressed all questions. They are fun to make, and I can attest, that so far, all the pillows I have made sell very well.