View Single Post
Old 04-24-2021, 03:49 AM
Iceblossom

Default Quilted Tops -- but not by me!

So... as we know by now, last year was not my favorite year. But a wonderful thing happened just about the time I dropped out of site.

A lovely quilter from this site who is semi local and I were chatting about whether or not she wanted to go professional with her long arm. Lot of questions/am I good enough all that. Some of it was about dealing with different styles of projects so I offered some of my donation tops as practice pieces. She is good enough but if she does go pro, she did not like the batting I provided!

The turtle is just a panel + one border. I am so stymied by how to quilt such things, I like her choice. She double batted.

"Confetti" came from a project from a member on the board and box of pre-cut squares -- I pulled out the novelty fabrics and a consistent confetti frame went together in no time.

The next shot is one answer to "how to make a back with two 3-yard pieces of fabric", it is the back to Confetti.

"Elephant Walk" came as two pieces from the thrift store, added a border.

The "purple donation" was another thrift store find, awkwardly shaped, I added 1-2 rows-- I had some of the same fabrics as already used so threw those in!
Attached Thumbnails turtle.jpg   confetti.jpg   100_5957.jpg   elephant-walk.jpg   donate-purple.jpg