Thread: "Amazon" scam
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2021, 07:37 AM
ladyinpurple135

I never answer my landline phone unless I recognize the number - my lawn person will call to let me know he’s in the way or the same with my pest control,people. My good friend and I usually just text or FaceTime. If it’s important the person will leave a message - and I have had some weird messages, most of which are still junk. I use my iPad almost every day and haven’t used my PC for months as she’s not well and needs to see the computer doctor. If only there was a permanent way to stop these scammers - but they always find a way around. Plus - excuse my words, I’m not trying to be rude but almost always they have an Indian accent, I am well acquainted with this accent and I can spot it all the time. I, too rarely get a real phone call except from my husband when he’s away and I know his cell number plus his name pops up, I have a friend who fell for the computer scam several years ago (she’s not very tech) and it cost her several hundred dollars plus the cost of having an actual local repair person fix her computer back to normal. I feel really bad for older people who fall for these scams - I’m almost 74 and most of my friends are quite a bit older and we are not stupid about just about anything, especially these scams, Please keep letting any older friends who might be tempted to just say “no” or better, just hang up without a word!!!!

Sandy in Mooresville, NC