View Single Post
Old 04-24-2021, 09:58 AM
melissam707

I found the exact sewing machine I have that I just sent you online here https://secondchancecharms.com/2018/...chine-cabinet/ but I got really confused about the information. Is it an australian brand machine?

The one I bought was removed from the cabinet because it was damaged and it came with everything it had, they supposedly rewired it but I plugged it in and like I said it smelled like it was burning. So I just decided to remove the wires, I removed the motor and also the light. I don't know anything about rewiring older sewing machines so I thought of using it as a hand crank just to be safe. There's a flat area on the back below the wheel with one screw in a hole. But above that where the bobbin winder is there is a ridged plate where the bobbin winder is screwed in just below the hand wheel. Do you think this once electric machine could take an actual hand crank? I know it could be used as a treadle machine but I don't have a cabinet or the right one to use it in. I'm not sure if they make hand cranks for any other brands of sewing machine other than singer.

I'm mostly concerned about needles and being able to use easily findable ones and possibly finding a spare bobbin case and bobbins. I do have a bobbin case and 2 bobbins presently but one is covered in rust.

and I'd just like to know who originally made these machines if possible. Thank you again and for your information or anything else you have to add!