View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 05:21 AM
Iceblossom

Ok, first shot is the Turtle back. Beautiful large scale fish fabric -- got it at the thrift store. All three pieces on different days/years. For that top, the quilter provided the binding, a tiny little aqua pebble that was perfect!

The next three are the "wonky bright" project, also done by the board member. Started out as a bright bag of scraps, partial FQs and such at the thrift store for about $6, I could see there was a quilt in there. LOL, it was fun and I'm hoping someone loves it. I am missing a large number of pictures I know I have -- must be on the other memory stick. But I have better shots of the quilting both front and back. The next picture shows the back under black light! The final one a close of up the corner, back, border and binding choices.

Edit: I admit to buying the binding fabric for the wonky bright as new yardage. All others were thrift buys. I did this project to push myself in many ways. The fabrics were not "me". The wonky blocks were not me -- in the corner shot you see my one standard 9-patch. In my Tuesday group, one of our members is quite the improvisational quilter, so different than my usual fussy style, but everything she does is wonderful. Trying to let a bit of that freedom rub off on me.

Attached Thumbnails 100_5965-2-.jpg   100_5939-2-.jpg   100b5953.jpg   wonky-corner.jpg  

Last edited by Iceblossom; 04-27-2021 at 05:25 AM.