View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 05:10 PM
Lalla

So agree with JanieW and others who have said the same thing: we have control over how technology impacts our lives. Mostly...(a bit less so where I live). I keep thinking how utterly grim the 1918 influenza pandemic must have been (just read a very good book about it) - grim anyway, but so much harder to bear than in a day and age such as ours; no texts, no internet, no on-line classes for schoolchildren and students, no connections between families, no knowing what was going on in the country. I understand why a lot of people feel threatened by technology, but can you imagine how much more difficult this last year and a half would have been without it? I feel grateful every day for my ability to communicate - how much poorer, for example, our lives would be on this forum, those of us who use it. Not a chance, in days gone by, of connecting with like minded people in good ways. Of course there are bad ways, too, but life is never simple, is it. I personally don’t want to be on Facebook or Twitter, so I’m not. I can choose to opt in or out.