View Single Post
Old 04-30-2021, 06:30 AM
alaskasunshine

Several years ago I ordered American made glass straws that were very beautiful! They had various sizes and each one according to the length had 3 little colored glass dots on one end. Blue dotted ones 10”, pink dots 6” etc. I ordered 3 pair, different lengths. They said they ship in 3 days. I wait, and wait, two weeks nothing. I emailed them and called to see if they had been shipped. No response. I wait six weeks still no response from emails or calls. Finally I call PayPal and get them involved. They immediately contact the seller/maker and as soon as I hang up with PayPal my phone rings with the owner of the glass straw company almost crying saying he has been and still is in the hospital. He called me from a hospital. He said he’d been very sick and they didn’t know what was wrong. He said he was so sorry for not responding earlier. I could tell he was not well and really was in the hospital. I asked him if there was anything I could do and apologized for calling PayPal. I told him if I knew he was in the hospital I would have waited.
Within a week I received the most lovely glass straws you’ve ever seen and he sent extra sets of other sizes.

I tried to call him and thank him for his generosity & no response. I’m thinking he passed away. The straws are just beautiful!