Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pattern not in the book >

Pattern not in the book

Pattern not in the book

Old 04-30-2021, 05:40 AM

Default Pattern not in the book

Recently I followed a link on Pinterest for a bunny quilt, that lead me to a website that said it was available on Amazon. Found it there and the front cover of the book had a photo of the pattern I was wanting so I ordered the book. When it arrived I was shocked at the book. It was made CHEAP, black and white, and gray tones, no pattern names given, and the patterns on the front cover weren't even in the booklet. It looked like someone had photo shopped pictures from Pinterest to add to the cover and then did a bait and switch with the patterns. All patterns were for bunnies, but not ones advertised to be in there. I was so mad, that I threatened to send it back with a nasty note... then on day 3 changed my mind and just threw it away, thinking it wasn't worth the words going on in my mind. I did find another pattern by Lella Boutique (#170 Cottontail) PDF download on the internet that is very close to what I wanted and ordered that. So now I have a bunny pattern for Project Linus and I'm happier.
Has anything like this ever happened to you?
Old 04-30-2021, 05:50 AM

What a bummer!! Glad you found it however. Unless you complain to Amazon and or write a bad review on Amazon - no one else will know what the seller is doing and others will spend good money for a lousy item .... just saying.
Old 04-30-2021, 05:57 AM

Sorry this happened to you. The item I ordered was pictured in color. It came in black and white and hardly readable. I sent the item back and Amazon refunded the money and shipping cost. Glad you found a likely pattern.
Old 04-30-2021, 06:05 AM

Yes,you need to alert Amazon so others do not fall prey. Or alert your credit card co. I ordered from a company named Holapick they sell clothing and advertise on various social media. The items I got were not as advertised and to make a very long story short 4 mos and 18 emails later my credit card got my $back. But I was out $30 to return items. I contacted the social media sites to alert them of the fraudulent Holapick and am not seeing any more ads from them. Would not wish them on my worst enemy.
Old 04-30-2021, 06:30 AM

Several years ago I ordered American made glass straws that were very beautiful! They had various sizes and each one according to the length had 3 little colored glass dots on one end. Blue dotted ones 10”, pink dots 6” etc. I ordered 3 pair, different lengths. They said they ship in 3 days. I wait, and wait, two weeks nothing. I emailed them and called to see if they had been shipped. No response. I wait six weeks still no response from emails or calls. Finally I call PayPal and get them involved. They immediately contact the seller/maker and as soon as I hang up with PayPal my phone rings with the owner of the glass straw company almost crying saying he has been and still is in the hospital. He called me from a hospital. He said he’d been very sick and they didn’t know what was wrong. He said he was so sorry for not responding earlier. I could tell he was not well and really was in the hospital. I asked him if there was anything I could do and apologized for calling PayPal. I told him if I knew he was in the hospital I would have waited.
Within a week I received the most lovely glass straws you’ve ever seen and he sent extra sets of other sizes.

I tried to call him and thank him for his generosity & no response. I’m thinking he passed away. The straws are just beautiful!
Old 04-30-2021, 08:18 AM
Power Poster

Amazon is easy to deal with. You can request a call from a rep and they will call you in a few minutes. I have never had a return refused. And money is put back on cc or paypal as soon as the return is scanned at my end. Now no repacking is required. Take the item back as is, show your code sent by email or printed out and that's all you have to do. You can always ask to have a return label to have it mailed if that is your choice. Too easy to get your money back not to do it. And you should give the seller a bad review. That works! I never order from a seller before reading the reviews.
Old 04-30-2021, 08:41 AM

Default Como se llamo esto

Como se llamo esto i am from SPAIN
Old 04-30-2021, 12:44 PM
mkc

You have to be very careful with some books (and items) from Amazon, and in particular check who the seller is (often it is not "shipped and sold by Amazon", but rather sold by some third party and may or may not be shipped by Amazon.
I have been reading of a number of relatively known cookbooks that are being "home released" as bad photocopies with names vaguely similar to (or containing key parts of) the known book.

BTW, if the item was not at least fulfilled by Amazon (and in some cases if it wasn't sold by Amazon, even if they fulfulled it), they won't refund you. You're told to go through the party who sold it to resolve your issue.

Tartine, which is a bread making book, is one of the recent victims of this.

Pinterest is a site with chronic copyright violation and self-promotion. Whenever I do a Google search where I'm wanting to identify something via an image of it, I put -Pinterest in the search
Old 05-02-2021, 07:37 AM

I remember now why I don't use Pinterest more. They have a lot of links that aren't to what they are supposed to be.

Amazon is great about refunding your money on items that you are not happy with. I ordered what was supposed to be a Denman brush. When it came it was a cheap Chinese knock off. I contacted Amazon and they refunded my money. I didn't even have to return the items.

I believe you should always contact them first. Often they will take care of it for you. I also think you should post a review stating what you received vs what was pictured to warn others.
Old 05-02-2021, 02:26 PM

I would still contact Amazon and inform them of the quality or lack of quality of this product. Nothing lost but maybe get your $$ back.