View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 02:45 PM
CaleyH

Here's my first experience at making a baby quilt. The mushroom and Fawn fabric was gifted to me last year. I thought I should attempt to make something with them. It measures 52x40 inches, which is probably a bit large.

The effort was quite an experience, not really knowing how to put things together Since I've never really made something from other than jelly rolls and precut squares, this was truly a challenge. I had to piece things together as I went, trying to keep some kind of symmetry. So not all the blocks are the same size.

I was limited to the thread I had also. I had just one colour that was close to pink. I also haven't been successful doing binding the way it is supposed to be done. I tried the diagonal strip joining, and ended up with my strip seams alternating . So I just pieced them together like any fabric seam. I also have not yet figured out how to sew a straight line when trying to secure the binding. I kind of go a wobble along the edges.

While nothing like the works of art of experienced quilters, this came out OK for a first attempt. Now I just have to find someone who isn't too picky about things being perfect, so I can gift it to them.
Attached Thumbnails 1st-baby-quilt.jpg