View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 05:48 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

I never thought I would want anything computerized but the deciding factor for me was it will thread it for Glen. He used to darn his own socks and anything else that came up and he recently sewn up but hand a seam that came undone on a pair of pants. So he isn't unfamiliar with sewing. I can see him using it when he feels like it. But he has no interest in quilting per se. He has made comments in the past that he wished he could help me by doing some of the prep work but if he concentrates more than a few minutes on something he has an epileptic type episode or he blacks out for awhile. His brain shuts him down. So I don't see him quilting. But he loves machines! so he will probably mess around with it some. I am all for anything that gives him an interest. He sits in the bedroom with the tv on or he plays solitaire. That is all he can do. He can't concentrate to do a whole lot or he forgets what he was doing. He has a memory disorder. Short term memory is not great. He was a mechanic and he loves tinkering on machines. He does all the laundry and does the dishes with his dishwasher. He has certain rules about how they are used!! Hope he doesn't come up with some dos and don'ts for the Brother!!!

BTW when I was thinking of how I was going to title this I thought that sounds so funny to say he bought a Brother. He has 7 biolical brothers!! He wouldn't need to buy another real brother!!!! LOL