View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 07:39 AM
Leann

Originally Posted by Elisabrat
This is not bland at all! Its very appealing. If mom wants it finished I would say finish it but tell her its not good for daily use just lay it over a quilt rack in your room or on your wall to enjoy. If she wants it for daily use it was her grandmothers quilt right? So its hers to decide. If she doesnt want it cut up you need to respect that. I agree, fusible on the underside might help make the entire quilt stronger, less flexible but stronger. Its not perfect you can patch a piece or two over the top of the shredded ones, ripping seams seems like danger zone to me once you start.. you could be starting all over and then its not your grandmothers quilt is it? Good luck and enjoy it. I think its a pretty one.
Thanks Elisabrat for pointing out that it is Moms to do with as she pleases. She uses the quilts I have made her in the past - but I will have to made her understand that this is a very special situation and ggm's quilt won't "play" like the others.

Yes, stabilizer! I think I will reposition those few blocks that make the top uneven and square it up. That will keep with the spirit of ggm's quilt; something I REALLY want to do.

Thank you for leading me to see it through YOUR eyes.