View Single Post
Old 05-28-2021, 10:46 AM
bkay

Originally Posted by Pjnugget View Post
That's too bad. I was hoping it might be usable to someone for repair parts. I appreciate all of your information and suggestions. I have some investigating and learning to do with respect to pricing and online selling sites. :-) Have a great weekend!
The problem with touch and sews are that the gears go in all of them eventually. I have one (I bought it new) that still works, but have junked quite a few. I used them when I was tutoring a 5th grade TAG class in quilting. They are easy for children to use as they have a "slow" setting. Leon sent me one that worked about 3 weeks. I once bought about 20 different machines at an auction. All of the T&S had broken gears (4, I think). I did send some parts to Terry at TandTrepair.com for postage. It all comes down to the gear problem. If I remember correctly, the gears are about $65.00. Then with labor, you're talking close to $200.00 in repairs on a 45 year old sewing machine. Also, it's not so well made that it's worth spending that kind of money on. If you really wanted a great vintage machine, it wouldn't be that one. Sorry.

On the bright side, you don't have money invested in it.

bkay

Last edited by bkay; 05-28-2021 at 10:49 AM.