View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 03:37 PM
abc123xyz

I went ahead and made the recipe but used a few changes. I had no self-rising flour so found another recipe on the internet that called for two cups of all purpose flour, a tablespoon baking powder, one fourth of soda and a little salt. Instead of the one half cup milk the recipe I found used one cup of buttermilk. I just used a little vinegar and filled the cup with milk. My new recipe said to use two tablespoons sugar in the batter and the other two sprinkled on the dough so I followed those instructions. I cut into the nine pieces and used a nine inch square pan and poured on the milk, sugar mixture as instructed. Baked it forty minutes in a 350 degree oven. Not a lot of sauce in mine but they were very tasty. Much lighter than a bread pudding. Would be good plain or with a dab or topping or ice cream.. I will definitely make again and might substitute brown sugar for the white sugar and add a little maple flavoring and some nuts or raisins. This recipe is good, different and one which would be so good for a morning coffee or brunch. It is amazing where that milk you pour over the top goes. I loved the taste and was very pleased with the result.