Old 06-16-2021, 10:09 AM
cashs_mom

Originally Posted by sewingpup View Post
alas, I am probably of no help. I love making the blanket stitch on my Bernina's. I have had the mid range ones and now have a 590 which can also do embroidery which I haven't tried yet. But what I like about the blanket stitch on the Bernina is that I can adjust both the width and the length with a simple turn of the knobs by very small amounts. And I can also mirror image the blanket stitch easily. Also my Bernina has a knee lifter, meaning with just a press of my knee on the lever, I can raise or lower my pressor foot leaving both hands free to guide the fabric. There are I believe some models of Bernina that cost less then mine but are still over $1000. You would probably want one that has the knobs that adjust the width and length as that features gives the most adjustability to those stitches. Good Luck. Oh, I also was able to do a fairly decent blanket stitch with my Viking D1 not made any more. But I just bought a Viking Topaz 40 which has many of the features of the D1 and that was less than $2000
I also love my Bernina for the blanket stitch (and others). I have an older Artista 180. The new ones are very expensive but here you can pick up an 90's Artista for $500 - $700 so that might be an option for you.