Old 07-01-2021, 08:23 AM
soev

Default I moved to my grandmother's house and found a singer

Hi all,

first of all excuse me if this is not the appropiate forum, and also excuse my writing mistakes since I'm not a native English speaker. Second, I don't look for advice for selling it, or prices, I just would like to know a bit about the sewing machine so I can have a better idea of how this machine got here, and particularly, when.

I recently moved to my grandmother's house, and I found an old singer sewing machine. In the family we all knew that the machine had always been there, but we didn't pay attention to it.

Today I uncovered it and cleared the place and I was really surprised because it is so beautiful (in my humble non-expert opinion), it seems very well preserved, and it apparently works fine. Actually it still has some thread in the needle, and the cabinet still has many utilities. It seems that it was used until some sudden stop (maybe they bought a new one). Actually, I never saw my grandmother using it, she has a newer one.

I've found some information online, but I don't really trust it. The machine is a singer, with a big label with 'hexagon', and serial number B142509, and the cabinet model is JMS 5-2571. According to the serial number in ismacs, they said it's a 1904 model, but I'm not sure that it can be possible. I have no idea about the type of cabinet, or if they were made here in Spain, both cabinet and machine.

I'm not sure if this is a kind of antique, or just a regular old sewing machine, so I hope that some of you guys, as experts (at least compared to me, hehe) could share some information about it. I've already reached my research limit.

Every detail of the sewing machine will be welcome, so I can share it with the rest of the family. Again, we have no interest in selling it, I could find some quite similar being sold online, but I couldn't find information about them, that is what I'm actually looking for. We will keep it with care.

If you are interested, I could take some pictures.

Thanks in advance and best regards!