View Single Post
Old 07-08-2021, 09:05 AM
jaderose.midnightdreams

Default Singer 301 maintenance inquiry

I have been watching a lot of videos for properly aligning and setting up the sewing machine and I was so happy to have it set up more with each part while understanding the parts more in depth.
I am not correctly set up with the timing gear and was not able to get the two screws loose and now I don’t know if I just have to put a little more effort to “break it loose” or if I have to use something to help it loosen. Or even if I am supposed to because I haven’t seen anything on the Singer 301 Service Manual or video tutorials that I have bookmarked for references also. Thank you for your time, and I hope to finish setting it up soon!! I already ordered a little variety pack of sewing needles to start with and appreciate again for helping me understand the number references for material usage and durability. Now have to figure out what happened to the order for the grease and lubricants; but I have been also thankful for the suggestions for what products that I can use for them and have to say again I am so happy to have a great community to try and make this work right and how it is my happiest moment this year for having a great source of knowledge to make it work. Hope you all have a great day and enjoy your time!