View Single Post
Old 07-29-2021, 03:20 PM
SuzSLO

As a beginning quilter, it may be hard for you to know what dies will be most useful for your quilter. I started quilting again last year after an almost 20 year hiatus.

I purchased Accuquilt Go cutter earlier this year. I got the cutter free when I spent $300. So I got the 8” Qube and the 8” Companion— Corners to spend that amount. I’m very happy with my purchase and have used almost every die from that first purchase (other than the 3” half and quarter square dies that came with the cutter) as well as another die I bought later for the projects I have worked on.

Because the 8” Qube basically makes 4” units, the Qube dies were very helpful when I worked on the 2021 Mystery Quilt from Laundry Basket Quilts, which had us making 4” units. But the Qube dies I had would not have helped at all if I was making 3” or 6” units.

To see if a Qube would be a good fit for you, you might want to download the free pattern books at Accuquilt called 72 Blocks. They have them for each size Qube plus either it’s companion — corners set or Companion — Angles set. That should give you an idea of the blocks you can make and size of the units. There are lots of other pattern downloads as well. Enjoy your quilting journey!