Thread: Crabapples
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2021, 12:22 PM
Jennifer23

Ooh, these sound great! Thank you all!

IceBlossom, I've been thinking about trying to can some like this - I've heard childhood stories of these from a few people, but never had them myself.

Tartan, I hadn't thought of smoothies, but I will be trying that out tomorrow! They're so flavorful, I bet it will be good.

Janey, I've never seen those bright red cinnamon apples before. I don't think it would work with the crabs I have (they fall apart pretty much instantly when heated), but I have bookmarked it to try out with some regular apples. I love cinnamon candies, so this is right up my alley!

Juliasb and tropit, I thought about juice/cider when I was juicing some for jelly. I'm not a huge fan of the jelly, so stopping at juice seems like a good plan.

Out of curiosity, what is the difference between juice and cider? Is it just that you squeeze the pulp to make cider, and don't squeeze for juice? Is one cooked and the other not? Or is it really just two words for the same thing?

tropit, I would love to get recipes or links for the plain apple cider and fizzy hard cider.

Thank you all!​​​​​​​
​​​