View Single Post
Old 08-24-2021, 02:36 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

Default Using stash to create kits for travel

As I’ve tried to stick to my fabric moratorium and only use stash, I’ve managed to put a nice dent ( after 3 years of moratorium) but still have plenty. This past weekend hubby and I went on a little day trip to look at 5th wheels. Our retirement plan is to sell our house buy a truck and 5 th wheel to live in- winters where it’s warm and summers ( hopefully) in Maine. We found one that actually really fit all our check marks- including a bonus room with a desk and sofa- Jeff immediately said— “ this could be your sewing room!”
of course the long arm will have to be given up.
anyway- I started thinking about this and what I really would want to take. Then started thinking- I have bookshelves full of patterns- most I will never use…ive de stashed lots of fabric but not patterns.
it’s time for me to start looking through them with new eyes
I’m thinking I could choose the ones I realistically do want to make- then find the fabrics for said pattern, do prep work and create kits that are complete - pattern, fabrics, thread, everything I need to make it- put it all in big ziplocks and put them all together in a tote that will fit nicely in one of the outside storage areas. Then I can just grab one and work on it as long as it takes. I always have a hand travel project going on but these would be for when we are actually staying somewhere.
since I haven’t been very productive this summer this might be a good ( diversion) and might help get me back into productivity plus I bet it will really clean up those fabric shelves.
there is no rush, we still have a couple years but I’m thinking that if I start working on my downsizing now it won’t be so hard later.