View Single Post
Old 08-25-2021, 06:10 AM
sewingpup

one of my brothers and his wife did this. sold the house and bought an RV. It was great for a couple of years, then they started to struggle, It is expensive to move around the country. I think they were getting something like 8 miles a gallon, and then there is the parking fees, and the repairs on the vehicle and RV. Things can get exciting during bad weather in a RV. Then they started to have some health problems. Normal doctor on the other side of the country. Things really did not end up well. My brother passed away unexpectedly far from us. Wife did not know how to drive the RV. Took quite a while to sort everything out. So if you do this without a home base. I would recommend really thinking about what you will do if things go not as planned. Keep a rainy day fund. Don't want to be a gloom bringer but it helps to have thought some of these potential problems through....and I think not having my long arm would be a deal breaker for me. yikes....and where would I put all the things I love to use while stitching??? umm...I would maybe think about a smaller travel trailer or even a summer rental in a warmer place. Those 5th wheels and RV's cost a pretty penny and you could rent a place for several summers instead. oh...and don't forget, you would not have all those snowy days that you do in northern Michigan to stay inside and stitch!