View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 08:19 AM
osewme

I make this delicious soup all the time. I make it in an 8 quart pot.
Fantastic Taco Soup
1 lb. ground beef
1 large onion
3 cans pinto beans w/jalapenos
1 can whole kernal corn
1 can diced tomatoes with green chlies
1 can tomato sauce (8 oz)
1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies
1 can sliced black olives
1 package taco seasoning
1 envelope Ranch dressing
Cook beef & onion in large pot, stirring until crumbled. Drain off fat.
Stir in remaining ingredients & add water to top of pot. Bring to boil
and simmer 15 minutes.

I calculated that if you used all the ingredients shown on the recipe you could make this pot of soup for about $12 (Walmart prices). Now you can cut back on some ingredients & it really doesn't change the taste all that much. I've been known to make it without the tomato sauce, black olives & small can of green chilies. You could also reduce the ground beef to 1/2 lb to some money. I figure by cutting back on some ingredients you could make it for about $6 ... not bad for an 8 qt. pot of soup. I make this soup all the time....I freeze what we don't eat at once so I always have several quarts in the freeze at all times. The nice thing about this is all you have to do is cook the meat & onions. Once it boils & simmers for about 15 minutes it's ready to eat.

If you don't have a taco seasoning package just make your own with chili powder, onion & garlic powder (or salt), pepper, etc.
If you don't have a Ranch Dressing package but have some Ranch Dressing in your refrigerator, just put a few squirts of the ready made dressing in the soup.
If you cook your own pinto beans & have those on hand instead of cans of pinto beans just use them in the soup.

Last edited by osewme; 09-17-2021 at 08:24 AM.