View Single Post
Old 09-23-2021, 02:02 PM
toogie

Default Another Moda+Missouri Star

Hi Quilters! This is the second half of the layer cake Moda’s Apple Jack that tallchick passed on to me. The red dot was from my stash. The pattern is from You Tube video of Missouri Star Quilt by Jenny Doan called Charms on Point. I wanted it to fit my WOF so I just put a 3 inch outer border. It finished 41 inch square.
The first picture shows how I WAS going to piece it. I felt like I needed something quick and easy. I didn’t know at the time why I felt like I did but I was coming down with Shingles😩 After I laid the half layer cake strips on floor, feeling bad, I took a nap.
When I awoke I grabbed the pieces up and cut them all in half to make my charms for this Charms on Point. After recharging myself I thought I needed to exert a little more effort-lol- Easy is an understatement about this pattern though. The second photo shows the process before the finish. If you look you can see I put all the same fabrics where I would be cutting diagonally.
The only drawback is you do lose your points on the outer half squares when you add your borders or binding.
Thanks to tallchick two more children will benefit by receiving these two quilts.
Attached Thumbnails 80bc4eba-7824-4086-875a-f77080a0da0d.jpeg   d834957b-d03c-48a3-95dd-0af0f34daa95.jpeg   eec77527-e1fd-4694-8931-80a2e29dbe77.jpeg