Old 03-06-2010, 05:46 AM
fireworkslover

Originally Posted by salmonsweet
Hey newestnana! I was just flirting with just this zebra fabric for a future OBW. :-) I kind of hope you will make it, so I can see how it comes out! :-D

knlsmith, I've just been working with a fabric that has lots and lots of repeats, both vertically and horizontally. (About 6'', even less than yours. I'll post a pic on the layout thread in the next couple of days once I've finished piecing.) And from my experience I agree with Cute, as long as you cut small enough, I think you should gt good variation.

If you are unsure, one thing you could do is play with the fabric on paper: print your fabric detail pic six times, stack and cut paper strip and make paper blocks. (I did this on my black and white printer only and even that helped me decide).

Or if you prefer to work with the actual fabric, you could cut and stack your six layers (I'd make them of two or three repeats each) and then cut one strip only . Make that six-layer strip into blocks and see how you like them. At worst you'll have cut your fabric into six large strips (say three repeats minus the strip you've cut), and you don't actually lose more than the one six-layer strip.

Just some ideas.
salmonsweet: That's a really good idea to print your fabric on paper and then play with the paper instead of cutting your precious fabric. Making up a plan block really helps when doing any block, I think.