View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 03:20 AM
helou

I am following this thread with great interest. Lots of great ideas and experience here.

For the last 15 years I have been baking my own bread most of the time except when it gets to hot to bake, in the summer. I started kneading the dough by hand years before that.. Then with my aging hands,I boughtt a bread making machine for the kneading part and I baked it in a conventional oven.

My bread making machine died a few months ago so now I am learning to do it using a stand mixer.
I also make a mixed sourdough starter meaning that I add may be 1/2 tsp of dry yeast to it, I leave it alone for 24 hours before I make my bread with it.
I mix the salt very well with the flour then I add another 1/2 tsp of yeast on top, before I add the whole mixture to the liquid. and start mixing in the stand mixer. I 've had no problem so far proceeding that way. I figure that if, with a bread making machine I proceeded that way, adding the yeast on top of the flour, it would do well. I let it raise a little longer, may be 1/2 hr more.

Now, I would like to find a way to bake it in the morning after having the dough rise overnight in the fridge . I heard it can be done so if any of you have used this method I would be interested to hear about it.

Last edited by helou; 10-04-2021 at 03:22 AM.