View Single Post
Old 10-12-2021, 06:23 PM
Anniedeb

Originally Posted by sewingpup
ummm....I was scared of Halloween back in the day....I had watched the "Wizard of Oz" and I knew all about those bad witches and their flying monkeys! Also, living in northern Minnesota, we were out trick or treating in the snow more than once. I do remember however, we used to get regular sized candy bars....not the tiny ones used now a days. I will not be handing out candy this year because of Covid rates being high were I am and also because of no sidewalks were I am and folks speeding even during treat or treat time. Just scares me too much! I will probably watch "Anaconda" or "Arachnophobia" or...maybe just The Ghost and Mr. Chicken" or maybe the "Alien Series"...oh my, I getting scared already!
My sons (11 and 9 at the time) made a huge haul during the Halloween Blizzard of 1991 here in Minnesota! They were even featured on local TV stations. My DH shoveled a path, and they trudged up and down the block. They were the only kids out, and people gave them tons of candy. The reporter and camera crew happened to see them, and followed them around.