Old 10-30-2021, 05:52 AM
nanna-up-north

Default New to me Viking Ruby delux for embroidery, HELP!

I just purchased a used Viking Ruby Delux machine that has embroidery capabilities. That's why I bought this machine. It has been serviced and I watched it stitch out a lovely one color design. But, I'm really a newby to embroidery and want to get started.

Does anyone know how old the Viking Ruby delux machines are? I was told a few years old but am curious how old that might be.

I've been looking at different thread types for emboidery. I thought embroidery threads were thinner than regular sewing threads or LA threads. Regular threads are 50. LA threads are 40. But I looked at Madeira and Isacord threads that were labeled as 40. Is this right?

There are so many different brands of threads. Which do you all like? I'm totally confused about brand but I need to get some thread to start learning how to use the embroidery on this machine.

What extra things do you all think I should consider getting at this point? Again, I'm totally starting at zero here.

Thanks for your help in advance. I may be asking a lot of questions in the near future.