View Single Post
Old 11-11-2021, 03:54 PM
tranum

Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post
SusieQOh, if you saw my cutting table right now you'd see a hot mess too. Trying to finish up a major project for my new kitchen using the fabrics leftover from making a fitted tablecloth. I'm now working on mats to go under the mixer and the food process so it's easier to pull them out away from the wall. Also making covers for the 2 small appliances along with one for the 3qt instant pot. With what's left of the scraps I managed to make up 3 hot pads in sizes of 10" and 12". Lots of quilting to be done using decorative stitches on my machine. Used an old bath towel for the batting on the hot pads as that gave them more strength when pulling out the appliances. Plus I ran out of scrap batting.

My scraps bins are also spilling out under the cutting table so another hot mess.
I have stainless steel appliances and if I open doors with wet hands, I get streaks running down the front. It’s maddening. I had left over prequilted fabric so I cut pieces 7” x length of handles. I turned under short ends & one long edge & sewed by machine to make handle covers. I lapped the stitched long edge over the raw edge & hand stitched them around the handles. They help so much. I take them off about every 6 months to wash. I tried Velcro but it gapped so I just pin & stitch by hand. The guy who installed new countertops was impressed & said I needed to get a patent. Oh, right. He asked if he could take a picture to show his wife.