View Single Post
Old 11-13-2021, 06:05 AM
Iceblossom

Well here's the back for my Bonnie Hunter project. I've had these pink circles in my stash for 8-10 years at least (I think...). Bought it on sale as "good for a back". When the colors for this year came out, I immediately thought of this piece, various pinks, "garnet" and yellow and pretty much the same values and tones as Bonnie's paint chips.

Both for design/fabric usage and because I try to use my stash whenever possible I have a number of ways to extend quilt backs. For this, I had enough length but the width was narrow, not enough fabric if I trimmed off the selvedges (which I did). The 8" bar of bricks will give me 4-5 inches of extra on each side. There's about 12" of strip on the short side, when done it will just be about 4-6" of the circle fabric. I find when extending fabric for backs it is best to offset it somehow and not to try for any sort of matching on the front, so I will chose deliberately off numbers.

Now -- time to do a similar sort of thing to the Froggy Beach back. Or maybe I still have to prewash it. Only one way to find out
Attached Thumbnails 100_6234.jpg