Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--11/12-11/14/21 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--11/12-11/14/21

Virtual Quilting Weekend--11/12-11/14/21

Old 11-14-2021, 09:33 PM

I had intended to post an update before now but have been so busy sewing I've only just managed to get here.

I did get most of the top of my Irish chain quilt done - I still have to put a border on it but that can wait for tomorrow. I'm really pleased with this - it was made with a sample pack of a complete collection (Lexington by Maywoodd) from the LQS "scrap" bag bin plus a pearlized WOW fabric. This quilt will be going to a lifelong family friend in Toronto who loves her garden but is having some health issues. The birds I chose can all be found there - I found a couple of bird blocks online and then drafted colour patterns to try to match nature. I still need to get out and get the batting but am ready to go once that is purchased. I hope to be able to finish this up before the end of the month and send it off. I think this is the first quilt I've made that was based on a specific collection of fabrics. While it was nice to know that everything was already coordinated, I still think I prefer the "dive through the stash and see what inspires" method. :-)

Really grateful for the company during this VQW - it was exciting to see what you were all up to and to witness your progress. So many amazing projects!
Attached Thumbnails img_6709.jpg  
Old 11-15-2021, 04:43 AM

Looks like a productive weekend for many.

Iceblossom, great creativity in piecing your backing and getting it to fit.

Cam’s Gram, super cute dinosaur quilt and colorful.

Gemm, love the addition of the bird blocks in your Irish chain quilt.

I managed to get binding on a donation quilt for Project Linus and quilted a scrappy quilt for grandson 80x80. The pattern is from Amanda Nyberg’s book No Scrap Left Behind.
Attached Thumbnails 9e3fe2f5-e7b9-4c93-9701-1db08543bf80.jpeg   0025c290-5398-4ada-b749-7f6099b7300c.jpeg  
Old 11-15-2021, 05:00 AM
Power Poster

I spent the weekend working on a quilt I started two years ago. My hope was to enter it in our guild quilt show. The quilt show was last weekend. I surely missed that goal. My new goal is to finish it this week.
Old 11-15-2021, 04:52 PM

Gemm, those bird blocks are the sweetest, great addition to the quilt!

I do declare, we all had a pretty productive weekend. Ta-da to all of us!

My phone finally behaved; pic attached shows all of my flowers that I've done so far for my GFG. Not nearly as many as it should be, but the quilt isn't on the clock so I'm not rushed to get it completed.

See everyone at the next VQW!
Attached Thumbnails img_20211114_175005.jpg  
Old 11-16-2021, 04:58 AM

Minimal quilting done over the week-end! But I did get a lot of other odds and ends accomplished and off the list. My ornament swap item and binding on a gift quilt for example. Small progress is still progress. I have plenty of leftover quilting plans to do for our Thanksgiving week-end. I will be nibbling on them between now and our next gathering. See you then, my quilting friends.