Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--11/12-11/14/21 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--11/12-11/14/21

Virtual Quilting Weekend--11/12-11/14/21

Old 11-14-2021, 08:37 AM

WMUTeach, you had he type of snow I enjoy. I call it here today gone tomorrow snow. I like to see snow falling, but not stay. Cold doesn’t bother me as much.

Yesterday was sew, cut & pin fabric strips for Bauble pieces, and pin 2 other steps together. Today I will sew and iron them for the next few steps today. I iron my sub pieces for the BHMQ 2020 yesterday. Today while watching football games I will square 29 6.5” Blocks and then finish pinning and sewing the 6.5” blocks to 12.5” blocks. Then square them for the next steps. I think I figured out my added brown fabric for a later step.

our weather has been a streaming going up and down high temperatures from 60’s to 40’s for last week and this next week. It’s great to be able to finish yard projects I put off doing. Today is suppose to be in the mid 50;s. Yea.

Happy sewing/quilting everyone. Have a great day.
Old 11-14-2021, 09:07 AM

I have 10 pair of Oven Mitts made so far and many more cut out and ready to quilt and put together. Very productive weekend.
Old 11-14-2021, 10:06 AM

I think I have a small picture. Here’s 3 out of the 8 petals. It goes around in a circle. But for the sake of looking to get an idea of what the whole quilt will look like , I only pinned up 3. Those red and tan arcs in between the petals are what I just finished. Whew. What a lot of work those were. All the pieces up to this point are done. I still have 2 sets of arcs that go on the border.
Have to quit for a bit to take of of the kids for birthday dinner.
Keep going. Even if it’s hard.
Hope your having as much fun as I am.
Attached Thumbnails 7e1e69e1-6009-4fc7-98e0-e060eb3840cd.jpeg  
Old 11-14-2021, 10:10 AM

Default Sunday Update

Good morning, nearly good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen!

Tallchick - I've decided that my first quilt of 2022 is going to be worked on that frame and it's going to be my sister's DWR. She's over the moon happy I finally decided on how I'm going to quilt it, she's been waiting for it now for a little over a year. We, of course, have to finish cleaning and purging, something we started just before the Pandemic, but we're close enough I can call what I'm doing the beginning of next year. We're both now seriously motivated to get it done so I can get the quilt started, crossing my fingers that nothing happens, I should be putting the quilt on the frame during January's VQW, if not, shortly after.

QuiltMom2 - that's one of those weird life mysteries that will probably go unsolved. The man just has a talent for doing this, if I make mention that I need or want something, it's not long after that I have the item. What he does tell me is that he combs the flea markets around the area, garage sales, puts the word out to his friends and then he just waits. The pandemic really slowed him down, so when he went to check on our senior friend in the village nearby, he was going to get in contact with a woodworker to start work on a frame for me, he was ready to build one because he just couldn't get in touch with anyone. That's when this frame dropped in his lap.

Today, I'm working on the heating pads and get them ready. We clean and work on the house during the week, which means starting tomorrow we'll be back at it and I'll need the pads, so they're top priority. I managed to at least get my sewing corner organized enough that things are in their general areas, when I'm not working on the pads, I'll be re-organizing and putting things away, then more work on the hexies.
Old 11-14-2021, 10:58 AM

Once the hubby woke up, we wrote up our letters to Aunt Debbie and got her box sealed so I can stand in line at the Post Office on Monday.

Then I put together the back for Froggy Beach. Yay! It all fits now. Although my solid is less pastel than the palm trees on the back the tones are right and the binding will also be the solid. I found a full bolt of the solid at the thrift store for $15 total and have plenty and am always looking for places to use it.
Attached Thumbnails 100_6237.jpg   100_6238.jpg   100_6240.jpg   100_6241.jpg  
Old 11-14-2021, 01:16 PM

I'm very late to the party, but I'm working on the three quilts I need finished and mailed before Thanksgiving. The baby quilt is done. The first wedding quilt is sandwiched and under the needle on a machine. the other wedding quilt is on the design wall. It starts with a panel so that will help.
Old 11-14-2021, 02:28 PM

WMUTeach; I agree. Sometimes is really important to watch the snow fall and enjoy the birds.
Old 11-14-2021, 02:57 PM

Ok, done for the night. Put it up on the board to show. Everything is cut to finish this quilt. Black and stripe borders are cut. All the squares for the pinwheels are cut, paired and marked. Some are sewn, trimmed and ironed. Going to look at it a while. Doesn't quite look like I thought it would. Thanks Raggiemom for hosting the VQW!
Attached Thumbnails 20211114_171455-1-.jpg  
Old 11-14-2021, 04:10 PM

Default Sunday Evening

The pads are done finally. I was not expecting a chore like it had become, but it did and I powered through it. Each pad has ten sections, with each section taking a 3/4 of a cup of rice to fill. That ended up taking the longest to do, but once I figured out a method, it was relatively easy. Stitching the seam closed was also another chore, with so much weight on my sewing machine and me, I felt like I was wrestling with a bear most of the time, but that was done, too. I did a close zig-zag, almost a satin stitch and did it twice for good measure. Then I shook them with the new seams pointed down to see if any rice fell out, I'm happy to report that none did so these things are solid. Good thing they're done, I'm going to need them tonight just from that.

In between pads, I had to take a break so was able to work some more on my hexies, though I didn't get a full flower finished, there's progress there so I'm not upset. I knew coming into this weekend that the pads were going to take the majority of my time since I had to cut them apart, empty the filling, wash the minky, let it dry, fill them up and close them, so I'm happy with where I am this evening. I still have to organize and put things away, but I'm going to step away from my corner and just relax for a bit before I tackle that. It shouldn't take more than a half an hour, maybe an hour and I can call this weekend a success. No work on the Fall Table Quilt, but since I'll be organized and things set right, when I take breaks this week while we are cleaning, I can sew up a few blocks.

I would have posted a pic of my GFG flowers, but my phone is being slow right now, so I'll check my email again in a while and see if they are there. Once it is, I'll post a pic.
Attached Thumbnails img_20211114_174512.jpg   img_20211114_174521.jpg  
Old 11-14-2021, 05:04 PM

tallchick, rryder and sync--beautiful blocks

petthefabric--good luck selling the house and with all the work, we've moved several times with DH's job and realize how stressful it can be

QuiltMom2-yep, talking quilt counts!!

juliasb and sewingitalltogether---great progress ladies!

railroadersbrat--what an awesome surprise

Irishrose2 and Nesie--it's never too late to join in!

I finished two of the quilts that were prepped so it has been a successful weekend here. See you all back here the 25th!