View Single Post
Old 11-14-2021, 04:10 PM
Railroadersbrat

Default Sunday Evening

The pads are done finally. I was not expecting a chore like it had become, but it did and I powered through it. Each pad has ten sections, with each section taking a 3/4 of a cup of rice to fill. That ended up taking the longest to do, but once I figured out a method, it was relatively easy. Stitching the seam closed was also another chore, with so much weight on my sewing machine and me, I felt like I was wrestling with a bear most of the time, but that was done, too. I did a close zig-zag, almost a satin stitch and did it twice for good measure. Then I shook them with the new seams pointed down to see if any rice fell out, I'm happy to report that none did so these things are solid. Good thing they're done, I'm going to need them tonight just from that.

In between pads, I had to take a break so was able to work some more on my hexies, though I didn't get a full flower finished, there's progress there so I'm not upset. I knew coming into this weekend that the pads were going to take the majority of my time since I had to cut them apart, empty the filling, wash the minky, let it dry, fill them up and close them, so I'm happy with where I am this evening. I still have to organize and put things away, but I'm going to step away from my corner and just relax for a bit before I tackle that. It shouldn't take more than a half an hour, maybe an hour and I can call this weekend a success. No work on the Fall Table Quilt, but since I'll be organized and things set right, when I take breaks this week while we are cleaning, I can sew up a few blocks.

I would have posted a pic of my GFG flowers, but my phone is being slow right now, so I'll check my email again in a while and see if they are there. Once it is, I'll post a pic.
Attached Thumbnails img_20211114_174512.jpg   img_20211114_174521.jpg