View Single Post
Old 11-13-2021, 01:47 PM
Railroadersbrat

Default Oh my gosh....

I was severely delayed getting anything accomplished today, but for good reason.

Fiancé came in late last night being incredibly secretive, wouldn't tell me where he was or what he was doing, just said that I would have to wait until morning to find out. He kept me busy the rest of the night with Halo, wouldn't answer a question, just had this incredibly goofy grin on his face.

When I woke up today, I was greeted with what you see in the pictures.

He knew I always wanted a quilt frame and that I had the goal to hand quilt at least one of the UFOs I have in my stash. It's more than likely going to be my little sister's DWR. This is a handcrafted frame, large enough for a queen-sized quilt, at least. We believe it's made of maple; the outside frames are stained but the rollers aren't. The feet can be turned inward so the frame itself can be slid behind a sofa or a chair, we intend to hang it on a wall in my sewing room.

All the pegs are solid and the brakes works very well, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, save for some wood glue that was spattered and it looks as if the rollers could use a very light sanding. Once it's put together, the thing is solid - whoever built this frame loved his quilter very, very much.

I have to admit, I cried when I saw it. It makes me wonder how many quilts were rolled on the frame, how many hours the quilter sat at that frame, lovingly stitching her quilts. Even more so, how many stitches did that frame actually see. I am so humbled when I stand next to it and touch it, I am completely beside myself that he was able to get it for me. This just became my absolute favorite quilting item I have in my possession.

And I'm crying again, lol.

Attached Thumbnails img_20211113_151509.jpg   img_20211113_151521.jpg   img_20211113_151713.jpg   img_20211113_152009.jpg