View Single Post
Old 01-01-2022, 04:41 AM
rryder

Default What are we organizing today 2022

Happy New Year everyone. Here’s our new thread for posting and chatting about organizing goals, accomplishments questions and tips for 2022. Also, please post photos of problem areas, organizational projects in progress, successfully organized spaces, etc. we love photos!!!

My main goal for 2022 is to continue decluttering and using what I have rather than buying new. Over the last couple of years I have identified one of my main clutter/organizational problems: keeping stuff I don't use hidden away in drawers and cabinets which means that the stuff I do use gets left sitting out in ever growing piles occupying every horizontal surface. So this year I am going to work on decluttering my drawers and cabinets so that the things I actually use will have homes.

Today I’m going to tackle the corner of my studio where I keep hardware and tools. Somehow, a bunch of hardware migrated up onto my table where I sandwich quilts 😱. I think the problem is that I have not made it easy to put this kind of stuff away. My tool boxes are stacked in a corner and there is stuff in front of the drawer unit where the hardware belongs. I need to spend some time figuring out a better system so that I can easily put my tools and hardware back when I’m done rather than having to move stuff out of the way… will try to remember to post a before and after photo.

So what are you working on today? Any goals for 2022?

Rob