View Single Post
Old 01-03-2022, 05:57 PM
ElaineCovid

Hello all,
I am inspired by what folks have posted on here - I have an ambitious plan for 2022 for the sewing room, but it involves much of the house:

After a major renovation (almost 6 months) of kitchen/main floor family room/foyer, extra cabinets were surplused. This meant one large floor to ceiling type cabinet got moved in to the sewing room for future use, but the renovations also meant mothballing the long arm (dust protection), and the sewing room became the dumping ground for everything else....

Now, the upper kitchen cabinets are to be moved to the laundry room, the upper cabinets in the laundry room are going to the storage room.
The small cabinets from either side of the old bathroom vanity (bathroom reno 2017) were in the sewing room being used. As they match the old kitchen ones they're going into the laundry room which is also the small 3 piece bath room...

Then the major sewing room re-organization can truly begin. Since the sewing room is really the main floor living room, our intent is to extend the flooring from foyer into this room, build french doors or some such type of door at the archway for privacy/hide the clutter and paint the ceiling and walls too...

All the mish mash of cabinetry from a multitude of sources over the years will be weaned down and some moved on to other spots in the house or donated as the additional cupboards from the kitchen should mean I don't need all of them.

A major re-organization of tools and fabric is scheduled, and I'm anxious to get started. It's one of those "This has to happen so this can happen" scenarios and the cabinetry removal requires DH to be available and motivated....

Wish me luck!

I'll try and take some before photos....