View Single Post
Old 01-05-2022, 05:50 AM
berrynice

The ruler foot is made so that it is to glide just above the fabric the quilt. It shouldn't be touching the fabric, so that the quilt is easily able to be moved in the direction needed to do the design.

I use these for quilting as well, and it helps that I hold the fabric taut with my hands as I hold the ruler down on the fabric. If you are constantly having it catch on seam ridges, you probably will need to either hold the fabric a little taut, or raise the over all height of your ruler foot so that you are not constantly having to readjust it.

There is a somewhat fine line in having it too low or too high. Too low and it catches on seam ridges or causes them to catch the fabric and sew a fold over for a couple of stitches, and too high, it causes skipped stitches when the fabric bounces or the movement is off.

My best advice is to find that sweet spot while holding the fabric taut, with keeping the ruler foot at a workable height. Then if you get to a higher or thicker seam ridge, slow down more and hold that part down better until you get over the ridge.

Last edited by berrynice; 01-05-2022 at 05:53 AM.