View Single Post
Old 01-08-2022, 09:09 AM
Snooze2978

I'm still working on my fabric no buying spree since Nov 2018. So far I've only had to buy 3 fat qtrs to finish up a border when the recipent decided she rather have a queen size instead of full size after I'd purchased a kit to make her quilt. Luckily I was able to find these fat qtrs as it had been a couple years since I had purchased the kit at a local shop. Since then I haven't made that many quilts due to rotor cuff surgery, then the pandemic came about, then I had a sunroom built onto the back of my house and decided since I would be living in a total mess I might as well get the kitchen remodeled at the same time so total mess.

Now I'm back to finishing up those projects I started back then, have made a set of 48 embroidered wedding ring quilt blocks from my stash and searching for a new project in blues, purples and whites for a 19yo boy/man for a future project. I know I can take from the scraps from his parents quilt (in progress) as well as another project (working on it as we speak) and then take from my stash as it will be a queen size. Just need to decide what quilt pattern to go for.

I did order 4 king battings QD the other day as I know my bolt of batting will not be enough to finish these last 3 queen size quilts I'm working on. The 12 quilts waiting to be quilted all have their backings and battings cut ready to go.

So I still plan to continue using from my stash and you'll see why as this photos still doesn't show the 30+ partial bolts sitting on the floor or under the quilt frame.
Attached Thumbnails fabric-room-1-2017.jpg