Old 01-12-2022, 02:23 PM
Corina

Default Help With My Mom’s Kenmore Model 37 Sewing Machine

Good evening. I am seeking help with a model 37 Kenmore machine on behalf of my mother. My mom has had her machine since 1956. She recently had a small 1/4” ring shaped nut fall off while taking out her thumb screw. She didn’t realize what it was when she found it on the floor a day later, and threw it away. A couple of days later when she tried to sew again, she realized that her thumb screw would not hold her presser foot in place anymore. I do not live close to her so it is difficult for me to know what the presser bar assembly looks like on her sewing machine and if I can help her fix it. Would you by chance know if it is indeed a “nut” that she lost and if it is something I can purchase for her or get repaired for her?

I was also looking for a high shank zipper foot online for her (she lost this awhile back) when this happened. However, I am also having great difficulty locating a Kenmore high shank zipper foot as well. Would you be able to help me or could you direct me to someone Hello! I am seeking help with a model 37 Kenmore machine on behalf of my mother. My mom has had her machine since 1956. She recently had a small 1/4” ring shaped nut fall off while taking out her thumb screw. She didn’t realize what it was when she found it on the floor a day later, and threw it away. A couple of days later when she tried to sew again, she realized that her thumb screw would not hold her presser foot in place anymore. I do not live close to her so it is difficult for me to know what the presser bar assembly looks like on her sewing machine and if I can help her fix it. Would you by chance know if it is indeed a “nut” that she lost and if it is something I can purchase for her or get repaired for her?

Also, I was looking for a high shank zipper foot online for her (she lost this awhile back) when this happened. However, I am having great difficulty locating a Kenmore high shank zipper foot as well. I’ve looked on eBay and Etsy but I can’t seem to find one that says it will work on a high shank Kenmore. Would someone be able to help me or could you direct me to someone or a business that could help? I would really be so grateful.
or a business that could help? I would be so very grateful.
My email is [email protected]

Thank you on behalf of my mother. My mom has had her machine since 1956. She recently had a small 1/4” ring shaped nut fall off while taking out her thumb screw. She didn’t realize what it was when she found it on the floor a day later, and threw it away. A couple of days later when she tried to sew again, she realized that her thumb screw would not hold her presser foot in place anymore. I do not live close to her so it is difficult for me to know what the presser bar assembly looks like on her sewing machine and if I can help her fix it. Would you by chance know if it is indeed a “nut” that she lost and if it is something I can purchase for her or get repaired for her?

I was also looking for a high shank zipper foot online for her (she lost this awhile back) when this happened. However, I am also having great difficulty locating a Kenmore high shank zipper foot as well. Would you be able to help me or could you direct me to someone or a business that could help? I would be so very grateful.
My email is [email protected]

Thank you so much,
Corina King

Sent from my iPhone