View Single Post
Old 01-13-2022, 07:26 AM
rryder

CKCowl- sounds like you are making lots of progress. Good job finding stash/scraps to use for your BOM.

Teen- your sewing room is looking great- glad you got some more of your quilts displayed.

Today I've got both a dentist appointment and a PT session, so not much in the way of organizing today. I did go through my pins yesterday and held a ceremony for the bent ones (the vast majority of the ones in my pincushions fit this category) and then restocked with straight ones.

A tip that I picked up from somewhere (can't remember where) is if you're having a hard time getting started in a particular room, then find all the things that are obviously trash and get rid of those things first. It's amazing how much stuff you can find that fits the trash or recycle category and you may find that's all you need to do in some areas. In my case, it was a lot of broken stuff that I had been hoarding with the idea that someday I would fix it. But the reality is that I had plenty of other things to use so I didn't need to keep the broken stuff and realistically, most of it would not have been nice enough to donate even if I'd fixed it- so into the trash or recycle bin it went. It's time for me to apply this principle to the closet in my other studio space since I'm pretty sure it's filled with stuff that can probably go straight into the trash or recycle bin. That would give me room to store some items that I actually do use, but not often enough to keep out on my work tables...

Keep it up everyone!

Rob