View Single Post
Old 01-15-2022, 07:16 AM
Iceblossom

I don't have pictures but decades ago I made a Trip around the World from light weight corduroy, back then it was called pin wale or baby wale and I used 3 each printed and solid corduroys. I decided to keep the nap all the same direction and put in a pin the correct direction. They came out but it helped... Sewing with the corduroy was not a problem, but I was using half inch seams. Don't think I needed them but that's how I did it. It was very heavy but it was for a heavy winter quilt. Backed it with a coffee brown chocolate satin sheet on one side. I saw it maybe 30 years after I made it?? It was still looking good

For organization, many people find that they can stack each row or column as laid out. Take a long heavy thread and big needle, double thrad and knot it with a big knot at the bottom. Starting at one end (people usually start at the bottom and go up), slip each piece in order on the thread, when you get to the top one, knot off the row, label it and do the next one. When you sew, you just take them off the thread one by one, attaching them as you go. Chain sewing will keep them in order for the next step. Some people are better at this than others, I need labels for each row.

For me, typically I label each block which doesn't work so well on something like your project, but I think the thread technique would do great. From long habit I label my blocks alpha across and numbers down, So A-1 connects to A-2, and when that row is done it, A row connects to B row. It doesn't happen often, but if there is ever a K-9 block, I use dog (canine) fabric.