View Single Post
Old 01-15-2022, 08:14 AM
Iceblossom

Unfortunately, I have a rather small house with no available floor or wall space for layout. My biggest space for layout has been my queen sized bed so it gives me certain challenges...

When I label my blocks, I fold a sheet of typing paper into the same number of rows and columns as the quilt, or roughly 1" square. I write out the grid on the paper before cutting off each row as I go and putting them on the blocks with small safety pins.

I position the label in the upper left corner of the block so that I get the proper orientation. It is amazing to me how often I could take a block off a design wall or pieces laid out right next to me at the sewing machine and sew the wrong side!

I have a project ahead of me that is long planned and coming closer to happening. I will be buying a set of nice smaller brass safety pins. I have Alpha/Number beads -- the type you use for friendship bracelets. I have a nice divided craft storage box (like with divisions for floss or little things) I need to get some of those jeweler circle/loop things. And then I'll make reusable numbered sets. It seems like a lot of work organizing but not really, the sets will be kept together but you need them together anyway to use them, and they can come off together when you are done.