View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 12:44 PM
happylab

Default 2022 UFO challenge

Good day everyone!!!! I’m hoping this is okay to start our UFOs for this year. No reply from administration yet. So here we go.

Welcome everyone who wants to be a part of this thread this year. All members are welcome to participate, no need to sign up before hand. If you have a UFO to post or want to receive any input for completing a UFO this is the place to be.

I would like to see yearly & monthly goals and the story behind your UFOs, if there is one. So 1st tell us what would you like to accomplish this year? Then what would you want to accomplish (or already accomplish for January). Then let us know what steps you need to complete the project. My desire this year is for members to tell or post pic of their starting place of their ufo and throughout the month let us hear how you are doing. Once it’s completed post a pic. Even if you get side tracked let us know.

I know we all have different versions of the definition of an UFO. My definition, I don’t touch or think about the project for over 6 months. Understand that is my definition, it will not be the definition we will use for this thread. The thread definition is, “If you consider it an UFO, it’s an UFO.” A ufo can be listed as one you complete (ready to be used), swapped to another person (may or may not be finished), given away (out of your place and may or may not be finished), or donated to somewhere (finished or not finished). Examples of the above, a ufo in a bag that you are tired of and decide to give it to a guild to complete. Or you are cleaning out your sewing room and decide it needs To go elsewhere. Or you decide to put all the fabric back in your stash and decide to give the started project to someone else. I’m hoping we complete as many of our ufo as we can get through.

To get us started, my goals this year is to complete at least 12 UFOs that I have to finish piecing; and quilt 12-18 UFO tops this year that are currently on my UFO list. (Sorry to say I have a long list). Then Average 1-2 projects completed per month. My January ufo project goal: Complete my Bauble quilt and quilt my raggedy Ann throw top. My steps for my bauble top, sew 2 borders on and quilt the top. The raggedy Ann top just needs to be quilted.

So members let’s get on the ufo wagon and sew/quilt our way to getting them all done or making a dent in getting them done. Happy sewing and quilting everyone.