View Single Post
Old 01-31-2022, 05:52 AM
Rebaquilts

Default two in the mail this morning

HI all, I have a quilt of valor going in the mail this morning to Tampa to be presented shortly, that is about a year old. I knew the label would take some time, and it did, I had to order ink and figure out how to install the printer, finally I got that done & got the label on. It actually turned out really nice as I figured out how to get the servicemember's photo to print on the label. Three days ago, I addressed a 20-year-old Baltimore album that i was going to use to learn to hand quilt, that I have never started as I don't hand quilt. I took her to my LAQ. she is an artist and only takes a few clients for her business. I decided that after 20 years, it is time to bite the bullet and let her do her magic. That will probably take several weeks to get back but I'm not in any hurry. Then yesterday, I pulled out a lone star quilt to start on the appliques for the blank spots, that will be the next project to finish, it is from the 90s. I had started broderie perse roses, but my preference is more folk art, so I am pivoting, removing the one broderie perse flower that I hated, and starting from scratch. I'll post photos after I get some of them on. Its great to see all the photos, for sure.