View Single Post
Old 02-02-2022, 05:45 AM
Still Sew N

Default Wow, I saved one!! Advice?

My kids bought a place and the place was loaded with junk. So much. Anyway, tucked inside a very ugly green sewing cabinet was a Singer dark green/light green machine. No power cord. But I liked her right away and the only other option was going to the dump (I know, yikes). Anyway, I've got her on a shelf, did some research and found out she is a 1956 15-125 which is the very same machine as a 15-91 (or I believe that is what my research indicated). This is exciting as I know those are great machines, just didn't realize I was lucky enough to find one. From an online source, I was able to purchase a power cord. Plugged her in and she runs! How I love that sound! Also I was able to purchase a printed owner's manual. Now I need advice. Do I oil as shown in manual? Do I take anything apart (I really am apprehensive about that part). What is the best thing to do for this machine? I"m thrilled to own this machine and I'd really like to set it up to run. Any and all advice greatly welcomed!!