View Single Post
Old 02-06-2022, 03:18 PM
Iceblossom

I really enjoyed the curry version -- it was very close to the recipe you posted.

The Jerk Goat was good but not really what I was expecting. I don't know if it is because I made the marinade a couple of days ahead of time, but while the one Habanero was fine for me in the curry, probably could have used a couple more in the jerk. It came out well seasoned but not at all hot. Not that I'm complaining, heat wimp that I am.

On a side note, I got a seed catalog and it has a variety of "heatless" habaneros so you get the flavor...

All in all, we enjoyed all three dishes. We found after the first batch that we preferred to go through and remove the bones before eating/serving, so I did that on both the Jerk and the Curry versions. The goat cubes were easy to store and use, and picking up from Costco meant no special trip or anything. The little flecks of bone from the cubing process were still rather disconcerting and some got through my hand processing. Hubby wants to try a larger cut, simply grilled but the cubes are cheaper so not sure when that will happen.