View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 08:24 AM
purplemem

I love the process. I have 1 quilt almost hand finished, one awaiting binding, 1 pieced except for the last strip, 1 in pieces being joined, 1 collecting blocks. I have 2 baby quilts to be cut and made. They are the next priority. I'm collecting flying geese to make a wall hanging for my living room.

I have 1 quilt needing more blocks-will be my next boomerang quilt. I am waiting on the Farm Theme swap to finish dgd quilt.

I have the material and pattern for dd wedding quilt, dniece quilt, bff quilt, and 5 with patterns in clear boxes for dh and I.

I make quilts for kids for downy for my therapy and enjoyment. I love the quickness of them and the happy fabrics.

Quilting keeps me going when i want to give up. My health problems are monumental, bilateral pulmonary embolisms not responding to therapy and cellulitis in the same situation. Chronic kidney disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, herniated discs, sciatica and fibromyalgia all contribute to long term pain and confusion. Quilting gets me out of bed and moving, with a known progression and eventual completion. The joy of giving is just the icing on the cake.

I enjoy every step of the journey, collecting the fabrics, stashing them, collecting patterns, and threads, dreaming and designing, cutting, sewing, quilting and giving. God has blessed me with this gift and the gift of this group.