View Single Post
Old 02-18-2022, 03:42 AM
berrynice

Tell me about it... no don't! Yes, it can be expensive, but....

It helps in that, I watch for sales all the time, that and use coupons when I have them. I don't buy fabric unless I have a planned project for it, so that helps a lot. It also helps me in that I buy in bulk when there is a good sale, with items such as batting (by the roll), thread - usually buy a dozen or more at a time (I use three basic colors), and also fabric if it will go with numerous projects - buy the full bolt on sale, especially solids. And I plan ahead so I'm ready for the cost when I need to refresh my supplies.

I also do my own quilting, so I don't have that expense. (unless I'm buying a new quilting ruler) I pretty much have what I like in that department, but I still keep an eye out of new designs. I use the Westalee rulers, and luvs them.

Above all, I take care of my quilting tools, to keep them in good shape. (saves on replacement/repair costs)

I'm pretty much like the poster above, I keep an eye on what I spend, but I have chosen to spend on this hobby. DH is also the same with his woodworking. It works for us in that we spend little elsewhere. Preferring to be homebodies, and enjoying our sanctuary.

Last edited by berrynice; 02-18-2022 at 03:58 AM.