View Single Post
Old 02-19-2022, 10:45 AM
juliasb

When I buy fabrics, including high quality brands, I always buy closeout or on sale to save $$. I have a very large stash that I only paid pennies a yard for when I purchased part of someone's who passed away. I will occasionally pick up a few new pieces here and there, as I just did. I am also gifted fabrics often enough to make it worth mentioning. This is one way I keep the cost lower.
Good thread is one of my more expensive cost.
I also look for quality, but less expensive backing fabrics. There are many good shops online that meet my needs.
I still hand quilt or have been recently LA'ing some of my quilts. I have a mid arm machine that is out of service right now and greatly missed. I also use my DSM to quilt with when ever I can.
Yes, it can get quite costly which is why I am very selective on who I gift my quilts to.
I am working on 2 quilts right now. One is bogging me down a bit but I will get it finished. The other one is coming along very nicely. I hope to have them both done by spring.
I am not a rich woman with a lot of $$ to throw around but if I have to have a hobby that is fulfilling then quilting it is.