View Single Post
Old 02-22-2022, 11:24 AM
Anniedeb

Default What is the opposite of the Happy Dance?

I am working on a quilt that has given my more than my share of problems. I spray basted, as I have done many times before. I have always used JT spray with no problems. Using her spray, you spray the batting, and it's a smooth process. This time I accidentally sprayed a spot on the border. It's only the size of a quarter. I figured it would dry, and come out in the wash when quilt was done. I even forgot about it, until I was quilting that area and saw it again. I decided to spot clean it. First I just wet the area, rubbed it a bit, and let it dry. Still there. Then I washed with Dawn, and let dry. Repeated. Then I moved on to two rounds of Shout, and the stain is still there. Now I've reached the point that I've lost two days, and I think the color is fading! Any other suggestions/ideas? I have barely enough fabric to replace the section, if I reduce the all around border by an inch. If I do so, I will have to forgo matching the pattern on the bottom, and side. Not a game changer, the quilt is for me, but I'd like to avoid doing this if at all possible.