Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is the opposite of the Happy Dance? >

What is the opposite of the Happy Dance?

What is the opposite of the Happy Dance?

Old 02-24-2022, 07:01 AM

I go with the applique idea. You could even buy a premade applique and just hand stitch it over the spot. Make it easy on yourself.
Old 02-24-2022, 09:17 PM

Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions. I was leaning towards leaving it, and figuring out an applique. Then I started overthinking it, and before I knew it, I had the border partially off, and the new piece on, so I can continue quilting. Now, to satisfy my curiosity, I'm going to sandwich/quit that piece, and run it through a washer cycle and toss it in the dryer. I just need to know if I had I left it alone, would it have come out in the wash!!
Old 02-27-2022, 01:29 PM

If the quilt was for me, after all you tried, I would try to ignore it, but probably would not be able to. Since it is on the border, is it in a location that would tuck into a footboard, or face a wall? Is it in a location where you could put a decorative label on the quilt? Look at the rest of the beauty of the quilt and return to the happy dance!!
Old 03-03-2022, 05:00 PM

You are going to have to tell us what happened when you washed it!
Old 03-14-2022, 05:47 AM

My great granddaughter cut a hole in her quilt right on top of a 3/4" border and into the next border. She also wrote on the quilt with a permanent sharpie.

For the hole, I aplpliqued a heart over the hole and then appliqued a few more scattered around the same border. It worked very well. I'm late answering you so I hope you have already managed it!